By Justice Kibai
A news item peddling in the cyber space, has it that Senator Danjuma La’ah representing Zone 3 senatorial district (Southern Kaduna), has not done anything for his constituency since he became their senator.
This news item is not only false but mischievous, and has shown the writer’s level of ignorance of the Senator’s activities.
The submission below is to clear the air for those who don’t know and those who are not aware of the senator’s performance.
- In 2016, the senator attracted a constituency Water Project Scheme. The Project was worth over 180 naira to all the LGAs of Southern Kaduna.
- In 2017, he attracted 180 million naira constituency project of a POLICE BOARDING SECONDARY SCHOOL in Tum and POLICE PRIMARY SCHOOL in Kafanchan.
- He acquired 100 Million naira Hospital Equipment which was distributed to all the Primary Health Care Centres of the Zone.
- He distributed 100 Motorcycles to the Vigilante and 16 Vehicles (2 each) to the Police Stations in the 8 Local Governments.
- He renovated 16 Primary Schools (2 from each) of the 8 LGAs.
- He upgraded KASU (Kafanchan Campus) Library Complex building and equipped it at 60 million naira.
- He attracted National Open University to Kagoro.
- He attracted the establishment of a Military and Mopol Barracks to Kafanchan.
- He has offered uncountable Scholarships to a lot of students in Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education.
- Over 300 people are beneficiaries of his NDE Federal Government Empowerment programs.
- Employment Opportunities have been offered to SK youths into Police, Prisons, Army, Civil Defense, Immigration, FIR, EFCC, SSS, NVRI, Customs, Navy, Peace Corps of Nigeria, NMA, Oil Companies, Federal Civil Service and Federal Fire Service through his efforts.
- Welfare Packages, 3 Trailer Loads of Rice, Groundnut Oil, Rams, Sugar, Grains and Cash Donations in 2015 and in 2016, 4 Trailer Loads of Rice, Groundnut Oil, Rams, Grains, Sugar and Cash Donations for Christmas and Sallah Celebrations in southern Kaduna.
- The philanthropy of Senator Danjuma La’ah knows no boundary; he is the biggest employer of labour in Southern Kaduna especially that of the youth.