The Concerned Southern Kaduna Professionals Forum in a press release today stated clearly the plans of the ruling party to rig in the forthcoming elections.
The forum aim for the press release is to alert the general public on the rigging plans of the APC. The press release also read that thumb printed ballot papers in their thousands have been stored in virtually all the local government of Zone 3 of the state.
Below is the complete press release;
Text of press release by The Concerned Southern Kaduna Professionals
- We the concerned Southern Kaduna Professionals Forum wish to alert the general public on the rigging plans of the ruling party APC in Kaduna state.
- We have reliably gathered that thumb printed ballot papers in their thousands have been stored in virtually all the local government of the zone by the ruling party APC in their favor. We also suspect that this is the situation in all three zones of the state.
- We know for a fact that some prominent persons working in the Presidency from Zangon-Kataf and Sanga Local Governments are the drivers of this unscrupulous act.
- We are aware that pre-programmed card readers will be manipulated for the satellite polling points, using bought over PVCs from indigent voters .
- This of course could cause and uprising in our zone which may lead to cancellation of the elections or declarations of wrong candidates. We want to state categorically that this plan has far reaching negative effects on our hard earned democracy. We believe INEC will do its job as an unbiased referee without fear or favour.
- The rhetorics of the Governor of Kaduna state, unbecoming of a leader is yet another route of infamy by the ruling party to cause mayhem and confusion in the state due to his reckless utterances that are capable of causing violent consequences and repercussions in the volatile state of Kaduna, such as the recent claim of 66 ‘Fulani’ people killed in Kajuru Local government.
- While we pray for a peaceful election on 23rdFebruary and 9thMarch 2019 we stand to state that we shall employ every lawful means to resist any attempt to rig the elections because the ruling party is a beneficiary of a free and fair elections. We therefore demand the same and even better in 2019.
God Bless Kaduna State,
God Bless Nigeria.
Bobai Shuaibu for: SKP